Friday, June 11, 2010

HOLOGRAM: A Light Goes Out in Music - Barbara Skydel - June, 11, 2010

HolodigmMusic.com

MAKE THEM SING BARBARA SKYDEL MAKE THEM PLAY

Barb was the best of the best. She brought dignity, class and style to the profession of booking agent. Her honesty, integrity and humility set a standard that only she could achieve. Either at Premier Talent, or the Morris office, she represented every act I managed for the past four decades.

Yesterday I called a number only she had answered for over forty years. I was just checking on her health which had been distressed. Not waiting for a "hello" I immediately went into my song: "I am HartSky and you are SkyBlue, I'm just callin' to say I love you..."

"I presume you are calling for Barbara," replied a very dignified Nurse Genvieve. "I am sorry to inform you that Barbara died this morning." She didn't sugar coat the word as if there were some flavor that might turn the pill sweet.

Genvieve was a professional and she had done this many times before. She told me the truth with love, I swallowed hard, could think of nothing to say, thanked her and cried.

"I an HartSky and you are SkyBlue, I'm just callin to say I love you."

John Hartmann

2 comments:

musicchild77 said...

I am really shocked that Barbara Skydel passed away on June 10,2010 from this terrible disease called cancer!!!! May she be up in God's Beautiful Heaven!!!! He will be missed by her wonderful family & her friends that love her so very much!!!! Thank-You so very much Barbara for helping our favorite bands make wonderful music!!!! We Love You!!!! Rest In Peace!!!! :( :'(

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I read the wonderful comment on Barbara Skydel. I am still having a hard time believing that she is not here in body anymore. The realization in reading your blog that was amazing to me, that I knew she was friends with you, but I do not think I realized how close you were to her. I was just in NYC and walked by her building and had a hard time processing that she was no longer there. I am so blessed to have the amazing friendship that we had, loyalty, class, and just an amazing woman. Anyway when somehow I read " A Light Goes Out in Music, needed to tell you I feel the same. She was one of my most amazing friends, not just professionally, but personally. What a gift in my life.

Ivy Bauer